Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My Tuition Dollars at Work...

I wish that I could be doing this, shoving pins in my eye, pulling out my toenails one at a time, or any number of other insanely painful things besides sitting in class right now. So, I am looking around my class and noticing that the ONLY person paying any attention to what is going on is the person (not the teacher mind you) that is talking! WTF? Really!? We are all bored and ready to go home. That is what I think, especially since I am carrying on a Facebook conversation with four people in my class. Wait, make that five, just got another instant message. Please hold...

As I toggle back and forth between the four open windows on my computer, I realize that this is so who I am nowadays... addicted to all things technology! Thanks to my "Crackberry", I am constantly on it and it makes things instantly available! Holy shit that is weird, satisfying and scary! I do have to say that I love it though. Look, the person who seems to have a fear of blogging (by the number of posts that I have done in over a year is still EXTREMELY minimal), me, is sitting in class blogging rather than giving her full attention to what is going on in class...

I am not saying I am not paying attention, I can multi-task the shit out of this mutha, but I know I would not be too pleased with my students if they did this! So glad they have limited access to the computers! Anyway, now that my rant is over, I will get back to trying to focus on just five things instead of blogging as well.

3 comments:

Auri said...

This is too funny because just last night at dinner I took Salti's phone away for the entire meal and said she needed to be present with the people she was with and not fb, twitter, blogger, and whatever else. She promptly replied that she was bad but not NEARLY as bad as you=) hahaha!! It's easy to get caught up in the instant and continual connection via technology...but at some point we all need a little self-reflection like you've done here=)
mwah!!

lisa_sims said...

We are all guilty of this! At least you're aware of the issue. Admitting it is the first step!

Anonymous said...

Crackberry's are bad. So addicting. I am so glad I didn't have one when I was in school. I would have NEVER paid attention!