Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Grown Up?

So, here I sit watching tv on my day off and all I can think about is how much I miss Maddie!  I am so happy that she is in Scotland and England for the holiday, but I am this selfish that I really am sad that she isn't home this Thanksgiving Day to share her beautiful, wonderful self with all of us awaiting her presence.  I know that she will be home in a few weeks, but sometimes I don't know if I can wait that long...God, what am I going to do when she goes to Africa to study abroad next year?

I am getting ready to purchase a house with my sister and I am really nervous and scared, but so incredibly excited that I don't know how to contain my excitement!  We are going to look at houses on Saturday and I am really excited to get this process started.  You know what this means, that I am really an adult!  A grown up.  That sucks, but it is also pretty cool.  It wasn't too long ago that a woman couldn't buy a house without a man, and I for one never thought I would be in a position to afford a house without a husband.  Okay, I have my sister, but I would be doing this with or without her!  That to me is pretty incredible and I can't wait!

I will have to keep you posted on the house hunting!  This could be entertaining in the upcoming months...work, looking for a house, starting my master's degree, and continuing with my technology degree, and just being me!  I will need all the help and encouragement that I can get--especially with the work part.  I will have to do a completely separate post sometime soon to fill you in on my VERY interesting class this year!  Let's just say that I am being tested and I don't know if I will pass this test!

1 comment:

Ms. Salti said...

Apparently you write this blog for me, seeing how I'm the only one who ever looks at it (as far as I can tell). I know you miss Maddie, but know she is having fun and will be home soon. Plus, we have our own vacay coming soon!