Sunday, February 22, 2009

Procrastination IS My Middle Name...

I have often wondered why my middle name wasn't procrastination... At some times in my life, I have absolutely no motivation to accomplish anything! Today would be one of those days.

I have been deathly ill for a couple of weeks. I didn't go to work for a week, not because I didn't want to, but because it was physically impossible. I tried and failed...they sent me home! I missed the first night of class for my Master's in Administration program. Those are both things that are very unlike me. Yes, I like time off, but it is a pain in the ass to make sub plans and try to "be creative" about what you want someone else teaching your kids, while you are not there--especially not physically or mentally when you are making the plans! And, I HATE missing class. I always feel left behind and am not someone who likes to play catch up, in anything I do!

I am sitting at Starbucks with Erica and Rose right now importing music and supposedly writing a paper that is due on Tuesday night. I don't really know what is expected of me for this paper, seeing as I missed class and I need a little help. Erica agreed to help me with the paper since I have never written a paper in APA style before and it is very different than what I am use to--MLA. But here I sit, writing a post instead of a paper. Go figure. I have a feeling that I will be writing furiously Monday night and into Tuesday before class so that I can finish it. Oh well...

I have learned that I am a procrastinator, but I work well under pressure. That's what I keep telling myself. I know that I can get shit done, but if I am going to continue to earn my Technology degree, my Master's degree, teach, and buy a house in the next few months, I need to get the lead out of my ass and get a move on it! I will figure out how to intrinsically motivate myself and be successful at all my life goals, but first I think I will have another coffee...

1 comment:

Ms. Salti said...

Well, I'm glad we were all able to accomplish so much yesterday! Ha! If you need help tonight let me know. I might go over to Aurelia's, so I'll be nearby.