Monday, February 9, 2009

Glass Half Full? Half Empty? What Glass?

So, it's been awhile, but oh well.  I have been busy and I have also been hibernating, I guess you could say.  Whether it be the time of year, the stress at work, being sick, or the sadness of finding out someone you care about it hurting, I just haven't been all that inspired.  All I want to do is crawl into my bed and rest.  I know, I am depressed, but I am hoping that it will all be better when things start to fall into place again.  

That may seem stupid, but I have always been able to deal with things in a manner of just getting my life back on track, but I am beginning to wonder that with age comes a need to ask for professional help.  I am scared to give in.  Will I be a quitter if I join the depression craze?  But I know that I am not myself and I miss myself.  I miss having energy and having optimism.  I am the half glass full girl usually and lately I am not that person!  I don't even give a shit if I have a glass half the time!  

I found out some disturbing news last week and I am having a really hard time dealing with it, which sucks, because I can't even imagine how hard it is for the people that this news is directly affecting.  I am merely a bystander and someone who is a sounding board and support for a person that this really is affecting.  

The one thing that this news has made me realize is how fortunate I am!  I have a wonderful, supportive family, an incredible network of friends, and even more importantly, I have Maddie. She is such an inspiration to me and makes me want to be a better person.  I know that all these above mentioned people will be there for me no matter what and that they would do anything to support me and protect me.  I am eternally grateful for the love I have in my life!


3 comments:

Auri said...

Love you!! The day that I realized that depression is a condition just like diabetes or high blood pressure I feel like I was able to take back some control in my life. We're still feeling the aftermath of our parents generation who believed that depression was something that you didn't talk about. Especially if you had any class!! We know better now. I'm not saying just pop a pill to fix everything... there are things people with high blood pressure can do on their own to lower it. Same goes for depression... yes, some people need meds... some people just need sunshine and activity... a lot of us need a little of both. And I'm done beating myself up over it (even if I still get it from family once in a while!!)
I love you, I love you, I love you!!

Noelle said...

Thanks sweetie! I love you too and I am so fortunate and blessed to have you as a close friend, BFF newbie, confidant, in my life!

Ms. Salti said...

Hang in there. We love you. And I can always give you the name of my therapist. She rocks! Oh, and I tagged you on my latest post, so check it out! I love you, I love you, I love you, too!!!!