
So, as my lovely friend Erica pointed out, I have been MIA for about a month now. I have been very busy and a little depressed lately so that explains the lack of posts. I guess I should take Erica's lead and let this be a little outlet for me. I will fill you in on the chaos that is my life as of late:
First, I have had several deaths in my circle of friends in the last two months and that is a lot to deal with even if these deaths don't directly affect me or my family, they are something to ponder and definitely a cause for concern. The latest being my priest and Maddie's best friend's dad who was a wonderfully kind and humble man. His death was very hard because it was very painful, but thank God, quick. He died of pancreatic cancer and was only diagnosed in mid-January. The same day as his funeral, I found out that another close friend of the family had been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer as well and his diagnosis is not good and he really only has weeks to live. I pray for all my friends and their families to find strength and courage during these trying times, but also for guidance and love for one another. They (I/we) will all get through this in time.
Second, I am back in school full time and it has been really hard to balance life with this new and exciting, but extremely time consuming improvement to my life. I am a very passionate and opinonated person, I know this, but I really am quite flexible and understanding if the same care and concern is given to me. Let's just say that this has been a lot harder transition for some people than for me, but I knew what I was getting into because I haven't every really taken a break from learning or school. I am so happy to be in the admin program and I know that it is the right move for me, I just need to remember that I will get through this. This too shall pass:)!
Third, I am still embarking on the first time buyers rage in the housing market right now and I am very overwhelmed by this. I don't know why I am hesitating, but I better get my sh*t in gear and get on with it, so I can have some time in my new digs before I go back to work in late July.
Fourth, I am supposed to start interning for my admin program and I am not having much success with this in my school, so I have had to look outside my school to find a placement and I am stressing! I am fortunate enough to have some friends at the district, aka The Big House, and one in particular has offered to be my mentor and provide me with some administration guidance and opportunities! I really do have wonderful friends!! Thanks Julie, you will really never know how much I appreciate this:)!
Ok, so that is a pretty lame list to some, but OMG, that is a lot for me, when you also throw in there just everyday crap at my lovely place of work--sidebar--my "favorite" student, the one that Erica wanted to really take care of for me, moved over our spring interim. I rejoiced, literally, when I got the pink slip. The office actually called me down and congratulated me! It was really special and probably my favorite day of teaching thus far!!! Can I get a Hallelulia..., and all the other fabulous things like, kids, bills, dogs, family, friends, and anything else that takes time energy, and resources, it can all be a little overwhelming!
I will post again soon and I promise I will not be filled with rants and raves, and only minor beyotching! I love you all and I know that you have all heard this already, but hey, Erica wanted an updated post!

5 comments:
Noelle I hear you about the whole school thing. If you ever need to vent or let off some steam I am willing to join you for drinks anyday of the week. I got your back girl!
Me love you long time!
Congrats to you for taking on school again, it will definitely take you places. Who care if you cramp somebody's social calendar! We'll still be here for you babe.
Thank you for FINALLY blogging again. I've missed you. It's so funny with you and Auri because I tend to know everything going on in your lives, but enjoy reading about it anyway. Maybe it's my way of trying to avoid actually working... Who knows. But I'm so happy that 'said' student has left your school, and that you're working on your Masters! It will all be worth it, trust me! Oh, and let's get on this and do some research so we can buy our damn houses already!
Thanks ladies! I have the best friends in the world! And Jen, I am behind you 1000% if you decide to go back to school for that second bachelors!
It is funny that we know everything about one another but feel estranged when the other hasn't blogged in a while... we're sick like that. Glad the putz has literally left the building. I was going to drop kick him in the prepubescent gonads (and his manipulative bitch of a mother)... anywho...
xoxo
Post a Comment