Sunday, January 4, 2009

Back to the Grind

Well, the time has come to get things together, pack my bag, finish putting the laundry away, and gear up for going back to work.  I am very anxious about going back to something that has made me so unhappy lately.  But there are a few things that I have come to realize that I need to do to make thing tolerable or even good again for all of us involved...

1.  Every day is a new day.  Don't take things from previous days with me into the next.  We all deserve to have a fresh start every day, so that is what I am allowing myself and my students.

2.  Allow mistakes to happen without it becoming a major issue.  Shit happens and I am more than aware of that, but sometimes it's hard to think that I can't do everything perfect.  I don't expect perfection from anyone but myself and I need to give myself a break!

3.  Believe in myself!  I can do it and I need to believe that.  I am more than capable and I know how to teach, how to lead, and how to guide.  I am good at what I do and I need to realize that I can't reach everyone of my students.  I can only try and hope that someday, one of them will catch on...

4.  Go back to school for me, and no one else.  I know that I need to get a master's degree for more money, but I need to realize that I love school and learning.  The extra money (in two years) will be nice, but it is not necessary to live.

5.  The biggest possible realization for 2009 might be that it is time to grow up and buy a house.  I know I am terrified, but I also know this decision will affect my life in a positive way in several aspects.  I can be a "real" person and have a place to call my own.  I can go home to recuperate and rejuvenate.  This will be a HUGE deal and I am so excited that it is a possibility. I need to trust myself and have faith in myself!

TRUST THE BIG MAN UPSTAIRS AND KNOW I AM NOT GIVEN 
ANYTHING THAT I CAN'T HANDLE!

If I follow these simple "guidelines," I believe that my 2009 will be off to a good start.  If you feel like any of these realizations might help you, please feel free to take them with you.  I will keep you posted on how well I follow them.

2 comments:

Ms. Salti said...

All very good points. I think I'll take most of them with me. They certainly can't hurt, right?

Noelle said...

That is what I am hoping! BTW--castration was my vote!